May 28, 2019
The Formation Department and the Communications Department are joining forces to rebrand and relaunch the church’s podcast. The new podcast will be Faith Unfiltered: Seeking God in the 21st Century.
“We realized that there’s a great deal of synergy between our goals in Formation and what the Communications team is charged with doing,” said Director of Adult Formation Garrell Keesler. “In Formation, we connect faith and life in meaningful ways so that we deepen our relationship to God and to one another. And part of the work of Communications is evangelism, spreading the word to those beyond our fence. So the partnership seemed like a natural step.”
Going forward, hosts and storytellers will be Garrell, Dartinia Hull, Bryce Lapping and Peg Robarchek. Savannah Jillani will be the editor.
“We want to let our community know that First Presbyterian is a place where we explore all facets of faith and how people acting on their faith create positive change in the world,” Peg said. “Podcasting is the new face of radio in the 21st Century and we’re excited about using this medium to reach people who search for information and perspective outside the walls of a church or their TV screens.”
Podcast guests currently in the works include:
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Sheriff Garry McFadden;
- the Reverend Dr. Rodney Sadler, discussing the Oppressor God vs. the Liberator God;
- the Charlotte Observer’s retired Faith and Values reporter Tim Funk, speaking on the growing diversity in Charlotte’s faith community and the marriage of faith and politics;
- chefs Nick Kepp, Angelica Ellis and Keke Turner, as well as WFAE’s Amy Rogers and former Charlotte Observer food writer Kathleen Purvis talking about what happens when we share food and community;
- Sam Bethea, the street evangelist with the big, bold voice at the corner of Trade and Tryon streets;
- a follow-up with our 2019 Willard lecturer Dr. Jonathan Haidt.
« Previous Blog Post
Next Blog Post »