June 19, 2016
What an amazing day! We started the day with a good meal to prepare our bodies for some hard work as we helped lay concrete for the new dining hall. As part of the process we move the large rocks and buckets of dirt to help fill in the bottom layers before topping it off with concrete.
A rain shower cut our workday short and allowed us to take a respite for lunch. After a nice siesta we headed to a nearby church where we got to play with the local children. What a treat! The language barrier proved to be but a small challenge as smiles and laughter were plenty.
Our particular small work group talked saw God in various ways today:
- helping out with vacation Bible school
- God answered our want for rain
- blowing bubbles with a little girl
- communicating and playing games with local children without being able to speak Spanish well
- accomplished a lot of work before the rain came
- working together to pass buckets of concrete
Mitchell Austin, Davy Rayner, Michael Shropshire, Will Hull, Anna Catherine Pandos and Andrew Glontz
« Previous Blog Post
Next Blog Post »