June 14, 2018
Almost 700 commissioners and other delegates to the PC(USA) General Assembly will meet in St. Louis over the next week. Among the matters to be taken up are:
- A proposal to raise the General Assembly per capita paid by churches from $7.73 per member in 2018 to $10.71 in 2019 and to $11.45 in 2020.
- Recommendations from the Way Forward Commission on issues ranging from improving translation services to the role of the stated clerk, as well as a proposed restructuring of the PC(USA) A Corporation.
- Selection of co-moderators of the 2018 assembly and confirmation of the new president and executive director of the Presbyterian Mission Agency.
- Racial and economic justice, climate change, ongoing disputes in the Middle East, as well as public policy issues such as immigration, the death penalty, gun violence and nuclear disarmament.
- Church matters such as parental and family leave policies and a report from a special committee on Christian education.
You can follow the news from the General Assembly online.
« Previous Blog Post
Next Blog Post »